3.04.2012

Bolangerie

5:00 AM is an early wake up call for me. I am the opposite of a morning person, which makes me wonder...why the fudge did I decide I would be good in the hospitality industry? I guess they didn't print that on the college flyer - "Will require the worst possible working hours on earth". Not really a selling point, huh?

Well, I am definitely improving and only snooze the alarm twice on average.  Okay, maybe three times. Shoot.

It was early, dark and cold but I was happy to get out of bed at 5 AM on a Friday because I was going to bakery class! Waking up to the smell of fresh baked breads, not too shabby.

We have bakery class about once a week and it is really a nice break for the pastry lab. Baking bread is a slow process and I come out of this class relax and calm and full of delicious carbs. I usually come out of pastry lab exhausted and sometimes frustrated or just confused by all the weird things and TMI my chef talks about all afternoon.

Our bakery chef is such a sweet man. He is patient and tries so hard to help us understand the process of bread making. I was so happy when our baguettes came flying out of that oven. I can't believe we actually made baguettes...and good ones!

Then, obviously, we raided the fridge for the butter and had fresh baguettes and butter for breakfast. Yep, this class is like therapy.












2 comments:

  1. TEACH ME YOUR BREAD WAYS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left to early! I need some bread and these look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!