11.06.2012

Thankful Thoughts Vol.2: Famille



Wow, so much is happening back home today. It is strange feeling so distant from the elections but I'm excited/nervous to see how it unravels today. I'm definitely not one to talk politics (it gets nobody nowhere!) so today I am focusing on something I am very thankful for in addition to the beautiful U.S.of.A.

thankful link up


Family. Famille. Familia.
I love my family, they are what made me who I am today. They inspire me everyday and make me laugh and want to smack them around all at the same time. We are all so different but we are a perfect group and I could never ask for a better, stronger or more fun family to call mine. 




My parents are incredible people. They are high school sweethearts and have been through all kinds of struggles and successes together. They not only raised four kids but built a successful business at the same time. My parents are such an inspiration to be happy, enjoy life, work hard and love. I am so thankful to have such strong and incredible role models and parents. They have blessed me with such an extraordinary life and I am ever grateful for them. 

My brother Brandon is fresh out of college and enjoying the pleasures of his first real office job. What a pleasure! Haha he might be realizing that college was the best years of your life like the rest of us but he is on to big things I know it. I am so lucky to have a close relationship with him. It wasn't always that way but we can grown to become best friends and I can always count on him. My favorite memories with him are probably from our Eurotrip in 2008... Or 2012. Both were way too much fun.

 My brother Ryan is one of a kind. He has a free spirit that I haven't seen in anyone else. He has the biggest heart and even if he tries to act tough (sorry bud) he is a lover at heart. Even when we have our differences Ryan will always be the first to defend our family. He is going to be famous and successful one day with his big, awesome personality. I can always count on him for a good laugh and a great friend.

 Jenna is the baby of the family. She is starting to apply for college which just blows my mind and makes me feel super old. She is beautiful and crazy smart and I can't wait to see what life has in store for her. Already she is a very strong young woman and I'm happy to say she holds strong to her morals and beliefs even when times get tough. You all know how brutal high school can be. She is a feisty little girl so I pity anyone who tries to stop her. I can't wait to watch her grow up and for us to become even closer friends. 

Boomer. Boom dog. Boomer loomer. Stinky butt. He has many names but he is hands down the world's greatest dog. Boomer has been there for us through and through for 14 awesome years. He is one of a kind and I can't begin to explain the intense LOVE our family has for him. All those lunches of ours he ate, brownies and trash cans he chewed up, times he ran away thinking it was a fun little game of tag, and so much more... Those will forever be some of our family's greatest memories. We love you boomer to the moon and back!


 One of the perks of leaving Paris is a short six weeks is that I will get to spend the holidays with my family. I am very thankful for them and their health and happiness.

What are you thankful for today??

2 comments:

  1. Family, of course, but also SOO thankful for good girlfriends. I would never have survived Paris without them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have such a great looking family! and you're parents look so young and great!

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!