11.15.2012

Thankful Thoughts Vol. 3: LOVE


As of today I have 5 more weeks left in Paris. Seems like a short amount of time compared to how long I have already been here but it seems like the closer it gets the longer it seems. Why? Because its like running to a finish line, the closer you get the harder it feels and the farther away it seems to be. I don't want to think of the end of Paris as a finish line but I definitely feel like I'm running towards something and not away from Paris. I'm running towards my friends and family and Mike. I'm feeling ready to start the next chapter of my life. (not that I won't miss Paris as soon as I touch down in LA).

My going away party January 2012

Can you believe that it has been almost 8 months since I have seen Mike? I think that is the longest we have ever gone without seeing each other since we met in high school. It has been a crazy and challenging year but I think our relationship has grown and strengthened so much through all the struggles and successes from being long distance. 

Mike's visit to Paris in April 2012

I am definitely ready to be back with him and little Tay. I'm really excited and looking forward to what is next for us and to just be able to be together! Be able to have coffee together, go to a movie, play with Taylor at the park, spend time with our friends and families. It all sounds so wonderful. 

Homecoming circa 2005 muahahaha

I can't tell you all how thankful I am for this relationship. We have been through so many struggles together but have proven them all trivial in comparison to love for each other. He makes me laugh everyday, understands me sometimes more than I even understand myself, supported me moving half way across the world for a year, and really is the other half to my soul.

I am a lucky girl to have found such an incredible relationship and to be able to have watched each other grow up. We've been part of each other's lives since we were 14 and 15 years old and I think that growing up together really gives us a greater understanding of each other. I can not wait to get back to him...8 months is TOO long!!!



So, thank you, Mike. Thank you for supporting me so much and being there through it all. I love you and can not wait to actually see your face (not through a computer screen!). 35 days and counting. 


7 comments:

  1. I love your blog, it's really beautiful :)

    Hi, I'm a new follower from the GFC Blog Hop! Following you through google and Twitter :)

    Laura
    http://casetadepaper.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, too cute! Sounds like a wonderful relationship. Hope these last few weeks in Paris are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these pictures! you two are freakin adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award!

    Check out the details: http://sweetloveandginger.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog-award.html

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh a year apart and not seeing each other for 8 months?? that's craziness! way to go for sticking it through. i can only imagine how excited you are to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing journey this year and being apart is a big test to your love - and you both made it! 5 weeks will fly by - what an amazing feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've known each other since you were 14/15? That's crazy and adorable. My fiance and I live 6,000 miles apart; we've been doing long distance over a year and our longest stretch was five months. I feel your pain and good luck in this final stretch!

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!