11.01.2012

Thankful Thoughts Vol. 1: Paris

It's November! For real? Where does the time go?!

Fall has actually been treating Paris really well the past week or so. It has been freezing cold but at least the rain has been held to a minimum which I am so happy for! Today I might have been caught in the most intense hail storm I've ever seen (and I mean, i-n-t-e-n-s-e!) but it was fun so I'm not complaining.

So, of course November means it is soon going to be one of America's finest celebrations - Thanksgiving! I'll be spending my first Thanksgiving away from home this year but that doesn't mean I won't be celebrating just the same. We are already planning our feast with pumpkin pie and green bean casserole included.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving I will be writing about all the many things I have to be thankful for in my life throughout the month. Some friends will be stopping by to share their happiness with you also. Feeling grateful for things this season? Share your happiness and link up with me or send me an e-mail for a guest post!

thankful link up

Let's state the obvious. I am SO THANKFUL for PARIS! I am in LOVE with Paris. It is the most beautiful place on earth and I really don't think any city can compete. Paris has taught me so much about life, love and myself. I could never repay what I have gained while living here. Paris is inspiring.




Paris has given me the memories of a lifetime. It taught me how to live life.
It taught me about food. 
It taught me how to eat. 
It guided me to my passion. 
It brought me amazing new friends. 
It showed me how to slow down and how important it is to find joy each and every day and in everything. 
It made me thankful for America and a place and people to call home.
It shows me beautiful things every day.
It reminds me to enjoy myself and indulge in life.
It taught me about quality.
It taught me that time is precious and life is fleeting.
It showed me that change is good. and inevitable.
It reminds me how incredible life is and how big and beautiful our world is.
It taught me about all the little pleasures in life and how those little things add up to be the big things.


Paris is a part of me now. This place fills me up, makes my heart swell. It has changed me, inspired me and I will never quite be the same again. Paris truly is a moveable feast and I am SO THANKFUL that I came to the table.









Merci pour tout, Paris.
<3

3 comments:

  1. I could have spent a million hours in both the Shakespeare and Co. bookstore, as well as the Rodin museum. Your photos always make me so nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though living in France isn't always easy, I will always be thankful for the experience because it's opened my eyes in so many ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog through Nicole's. What an amazing journey - that is so brave of you to pick up and just move to Paris for pastry school - talk about a dream come true! I am a new follower, good luck with your move back to the States!

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!