11.28.2012

Spain: Madrid

Ah, the best weekend ever has came and went. I'm so sad it is over but I had the greatest time with two of my best friends. I am so thankful for these two and all the memories we have shared over the years. We had so much fun just talking, cooking, eating, drinking and being together like the good old days in college. We made our very first Thanksgiving meal for all their Spanish friends which turned out to be a success after a good amount of stress.




haha sorry for this photo it just makes me laugh everytime!

Jaime's poor parents got two seriously panicked skype calls from us concerned about the turkey that we were pretty sure was NOT going to be cooked in time. Just picture two of us holding up the turkey from the oven and Jaime holding up her computer to show her mom so she could diagnose the problem.  Needless to say, she has awesome parents who didn't judge our lack of domestic skills.

After Erin bit off all her nail polish because she was so stressed about the bird, we served up the successfully and thoroughly cooked turkey to their friends (some of whom this was their very first Thanksgiving meal!).









We went out dancing until the wee hours of the morning, stuffed our hangovers with delicious Spanish food and had a wonderful movie night in. Thai take out, Love Actually, PJ's, YouTube videos, and great friends...it was absolutely perfect.





I miss them and Spain so much already. I am seriously considering just moving in with them. It would be magical. Like living at Disneyland everyday.

I can't wait to start planning another trip to visit them in the next year because I know these girls are not leaving Spain any time soon. I love you Erin and Jaime! Thanks for the best weekend ever!

5 comments:

  1. Just a few days behind you!! We went and saw that building and statue just today! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Spain only a few weeks ago (I'm from Barcelona), and this pics made me smile, it reminded me of the days spent there :) Glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lovedddd Madrid when I visited last year! Glad you had a good time and were still able to celebrate Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a fantastic Thanksgiving! And get job on the turkey :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brittany,

    Your blog is fantastic, and you are adorable! I only wish we had gotten the chance to get to know each other better when we were both at NPBST!

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!