10.22.2012

Time Flies

This year has been an adventure. One of the greatest years of my life I am sure of that. It has been full of excitement, challenges, new friends, old friends, love, FUN, traveling, pastry and so much more and it is about to start coming to a close. I can't believe it.

Sometimes it feels like I just arrived here and others it feels like I've been here for ages! It really depends on the day (I'm sure you other expats can relate to that feeling). I have less than two months left in France and it is getting to the point where I am trying to start really planning for my life back in the states. There is so much to do and not enough time to deal with it all, especially form another country.

Photo from my very first day in Paris

I'm having a lot of mixed feelings about moving home. Some days I am so excited to be back with my friends and family and in a comfortable place but other days I wonder how I could ever leave a place like Paris? I'm sure this is a normal thought process at this point but its not always the best feeling. I have accomplished, seen and experienced so much this year but I am always thinking of all the other places I want to see and things I want to do..but lets be honest - that list goes on for DAYS! I just want to do, see and eat everything possible! :)

I've never been good with goodbyes so I know saying farewell to Paris will be heartbreaking but I also know I have amazing things and people waiting for me at home. Paris truly is a moveable feast and I know it will stay with me for the rest of my life. I will always carry this city and this experience in my heart. But for now, I will try to indulge as much as possible for the next 8 weeks! (AH!...scary)

Ferrandi pastry class!

One thing I am very excited about it my upcoming trip to MADRID next month! Two of my best friends live there and I can not wait to spend Thanksgiving weekend with them! I have also loved Spain since I studied abroad in Barcelona in 2008 so I am very excited to go back and stuff my face with patatas bravas and sangria for days.

Granada, Spain circa 2008

Wondering what my plan is for life back in the good old US of A? Let's just say I won't be escaping the cold for too long. After a month of family time in the best place in America - California - I will be moving to Denver to be with Mike and Tay again.

Anyone know anything about the Denver area? I'm clueless!!

my loves

7 comments:

  1. have fun with your last few months in paris. hopefully san diego will be nice and sunny for you when you are here. denver is great! it's really pretty. you can bring your dog a lot more places than you can in san diego, which i think is really cool. i would take my dog everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say that I know a lot about Denver specifically, but I grew up in Colorado and the whole state definitely ranks as one of my favorite places ever! there's just so many fun outdoors-y type things available to do. good grief, first Paris, then Denver...you're pretty much living the life I want for myself. ;) good luck with getting ready to come back to the States! I hope you enjoy the remainder of your time in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so so excited that I got to be a part of your experience!! We have soooo much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving :D Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the experience of a life time! So glad you are soaking up every little bit of it!

    http://sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's exciting but also sad at the same time. leaving a gorgeous place to start another adventure. best wishes for you. i'm sure you'll have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been reading your blog for a few months now and I really enjoy it! I live in Madrid right now and am thinking about going home in January (which would be one year for me), so I now how you're feeling. One day you can't wait to get back home, one day you can't imagine leaving. Denver is fantastic though! I went to college in Colorado and Denver is my far one of my favorite cities :) Good luck with everything and enjoy the rest of your time in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy every little bit of the time you have left in Paris, every little bit! :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!