10.10.2012

Quarter Century Club

I am officially a member. Yesterday was my 25th birthday! Eek, seems like a big scary number. I remember when I was younger and I thought I was going to have all my shizz together by this age. Nobody tells you that those chances are slim. I thought I would be in a stable, steady job making enough money to pretend I am a real adult but lets be honest, that is not where I am right now.

Where I am is SO much better than that. Of course I still think about settling down and making a living but I could not be more happy about where my life has led me up to this point. I mean, how many people get to do what I am doing? Live abroad in a beautiful city to pursue their dreams? Have so many friends and family come and explore Paris with me? Have found the love of my life and irreplaceable friendships? My life is pretty dang good if you ask me. So, as scary as 25 might sound I think it will be another incredible year. I'm excited to see what comes my way and embracing all that life is!

The best part of my whole birthday was seeing one of my BEST friends! Erin and I have been PIC's since she rushed Gamma Phi in 2006 and the love/obsession was made public during big/little week and we've been having a blast ever since. She just recently moved to Madrid to teach English and lives with her little/my grandlittle and they are living the dream over there. I can't wait to (hopefully) go to see their home next month!

Erin stayed all weekend and her face definitely made me cry when I saw her. I am so lucky to have her in my life. Not only is she a great friend but she is an inspiration and has taught me a lot about life, happiness and friendship. Thank you for being so amazing little!







To celebrate we got all our Paris friends together for dinner at a local Argentinean restaurant for empanadas and ice cream. It was great to finally have everyone together again.

Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate and wished me happy birthday! You are all amazing and I'm so glad to have you in my life!

Merci beaucoup! 

PS- Old age is taking its toll. I am now sick in bed with a fever and the works! Worth it though. But the recipe for this tart will be coming soon! xo








3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! Looks like it was a beautiful one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Big Girls Club! I hope 25 is your best year yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me cry when I got to Paris, you made me cry when I was leaving Paris, and now I'm crying ABOUT Paris! Hahaha thank you for you!! I couldn't have asked for a better role model and best friend!! Countdown to THANKSGIVING!!

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!