10.05.2012

La Pêche

This summer season I rediscovered my love for peaches. White peaches in particular. They are so much more sophisticated than those canned and cubed yellow peaches I used to eat as a kid in my lunch box. Not that I didn't love those too.

I wish I had started eating them earlier in the season so I could have enjoyed even more but of course my stubborn mind thought I didn't really like them and didn't want to give them another try. Stupid. I love them! They are so beautiful too so I just had to make something with them.

The fruit deserves to be the star of the show so I went with a simple baked peach tart and nestled the juicy slices of peach into hazelnut cream. Wow, was it good. I wish I had some whole roasted hazelnuts to scatter on top for some extra flavor and crunch but I guess I'll have to wait until next time.

What is your favorite summer fruit or dessert?? Now its the time for apples, pears and figs!



9 comments:

  1. Ummmm please make this for me when you are stateside!!! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delish! I'm going to have to find me some white peaches for sure :) Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the recipe? That looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks so amazing and delicious! :)

    xo Felicia

    aflowerofthesky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that looks uhhhmazing! haha. peaches are definitely a fave of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aren't they amazing!?!?! and that pie looks sooooo good!
    we actually have a peach tree in my parent's backyard! mmmmmm!!!!
    have a great day Brittany!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dont even like peaches but i would totally eat this because it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!