2.17.2012

The City of Lights

This city sparkles.
Literally and metaphorically.

This city's got swag. That something else. It has charm oozing out of each ally way and bistro.

The Siene, the pigeons, the cafes, patisseries, boulangeries, fromager, street lights...it is all so charming.

The dog poop everywhere...not so much.

But literally, the city actually sparkles. The Eiffel Tower anyway.

It is everything you have imagined and every time I see it I am still amazed. Sometimes I find myself just walking on the street and I look up to see the Eiffel Tower on my left and the top of the Notre Dame on my right and I just can't help but giggle to myself and think "is this really my life?".

It is surreal, incredible and humbling all at the same time. I am unbelievably blessed to be living here in Paris and studying pastry at such an amazing school. It doesn't even seem real sometimes. I hope you all can experience this feeling of being part of something so wonderful and so much bigger than yourself.

Paris is unlike any other place and it is impossible to describe it words. It is a feeling, a sense of being and it makes me smile to my core to know that I am a part of it.







2 comments:

  1. Breathtaking. Absolutely breathtaking. I am living vicariously through you lady!! I have read all your posts and it all seems so exciting! Can't wait to see where the year takes you. I'll be cheering you on every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with Lex. I am living through you and every time I read your posts I get even more excited!!

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!