2011 was a record year. A really great one for me. I finally got over that whole "I wish I was still in college" thing that haunts you for years after graduating and realized that growing up is kind of awesome too. Your 20's are probably some of the best years of your life (or I think so anyway) and I am loving how it is playing out so far.
Let's look back on some of the highlights from 2011.
1. Mike and I moved into together. Okay, technically that was a 2010 accomplishment but lets mark that its been over a year now and all is well! I absolutely love our little apartment (even though it is probably one of the smallest you can find in SD) and it makes me smile thinking I get to see him every morning and every night.
2. We got Taylor! You all know how ridiculously obsessed I am with our puppy. She pretty much rules this blog and is the main attraction wherever she may go. She can be trouble sometimes, like when she chews up my cookbooks or ate Mike's computer charger, both our phone chargers and my headphones...but, look at this face!! How can you stay mad??
3. My family has remained safe and sound. No, did not say SANE...that is a completely different story. But they are in good health and good spirits so I am thankful for that. I love my family.
4. My friends are healthy and happy and working towards their goals in life. I also made two new amazing friends this year that I am SO thankful for.
5. I made the hardest decision I have yet to make in my life. To pick up my life and move to Paris, France for a year. It is getting closer and makes me more nervous with each passing day. To be honest, the hardest part is not the whole living in a foreign country thing, but the whole "Taylor is going to forget me!" and not seeing Mike every single day. It is going to be a challenging year but we will all be better for pushing through it. I am so blessed to have an incredible support system between Mike and my parents. You can't achieve your dreams by sitting on your booty waiting for them to come to you, right?
2011, thanks for being SO amazing to me. 2012, I hope you are up for the challenge. You have some big shoes to fill.