12.12.2011

My First Soulmate

"It was quite a wedding and as I stood there watching I realized something I'd forgotten a long time ago. Sometimes in life there really are bonds formed that can never be broken. Sometimes you really can find that one person who will stand by you no matter what. Maybe you will find it in a spouse and celebrate it with your dream wedding. But there's also the chance that the one person you can count on for a lifetime, the one person who knows you sometimes better than you know yourself is the same person who's been standing beside you all along." - Bride Wars


Now, if you have seen the movie then trust me the movie is definitely NOT what this is about but that quote really does say it all. Neither of us are getting married, definitely not on the same day in the same place and fighting a full blown war with each other like Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway do in this movie, but we do have a friendship like none other. (If you haven't seen the movie, its a crack up!)


Meet my oldest and most dear friend, Brittany. Yes, we have the same name and our entire lives people seem to find it funny to say "Hey Brittany!" and watch us both turn around. Can anyone explain to me why that is so entertaining?? 


I have been blessed with some really amazing friends and a few of them I know I can count on for anything and I love them SO much. However, Brittany is definitely my friend soulmate. We met in the 2nd grade and have pretty much been inseparable since then. Of course we have grown up, matured and we can't spend every single day and night together like we did our entire childhood, but she is the one friend who really understands me better than I think I understand myself. She has been around for everything: school, crushes, cheering together, family vacations, births of my siblings, heart break, love, drama, loss, college, post-college, and everything in between. I mean, we had matching tomagachi's for crying out loud. If you have a friendship like this, then you know how special it is.


 Note the cockroach that we are holding in this photo...WTF were we thinking?!!! Not to mention that matching shirts and the stoned expression on my face.



Squeezing "google-y eyes" in our own eyes...ya, completely normal kids.








The two of us have definitely come a long way since the days of chinese jump rope and forcing my little sister to practice cheer and gymnastics against her will but the fun, ridiculous, silly and fierce friendship we have has never faltered and there is something so incredible about that. I can't tell you how important this girl is to me and I am so blessed to have two soulmates in my life. Sorry Mike, Brittany was the first one ;)


I love my best friend Brito! The rest of our lives are going to continue to be just an entertaining and exciting, I'm sure. 










3 comments:

  1. Love this blog post and love both of you, too!!!
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so great!! love you both x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm crying right now...that was so beautiful Britt...I miss those days a lot and love you two girlies so much!!! Love, Your second mom xo

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!