11.21.2011

Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

There are so many lives that are cut short by cancer. It is a trying, terrible and unmerciful disease. I have the privilege of being able to stand up and do something about it. This past weekend I completed my second Susan G. Komen 3 Day Walk for the Cure. 60 miles in 3 days for 1 goal - a cure to cancer.

I take a stand for those who can't. I walk for those who can't. I do what I can to help those who need it most. San Diego alone raised over 9 million dollars that will go to finding a cure, supporting people who are suffering from cancer, raising awareness, giving out free mammograms and other preventative measures. Because of this money and the efforts of foundations like Susan G. Komen, the survival rate of people who catch the cancer in it's early stages is an astonishing 98%. That is progress.

We might not have a cure just yet, but each step and each dollar raised helps us get just that much closer. Closer to a world without breast cancer. Everyone deserves a full life with more birthdays, more milestones and more moments. This experience is one of a kind. Not only is it moving and inspiring, it is also always a weekend of fun with my friends and family. I am so proud to be a part of this program and can't encourage you enough to look into it. There are 14 walks throughout the country. Is there one in your city? What about a city you have always wanted to see? It is a great way to tour the city. If you are thinking about it and have questions, let me know! I am happy to answer questions and support you on your 3 day journey.

Stand for something. Make a difference.

And have fun doing it :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci Beaucoup!