5.07.2012

I'm back! Mike's Visit Part 1

Hi everyone! It has been a while since I've seen you! 

I am back in the blogging world which also means that Mike is currently on a plane back to the States. Today has been one of the hardest days. Seeing him board the train this morning sent my heart breaking into a million pieces. I feel so sad and heartbroken at this moment but I am also SO happy for the past three weeks together. No time would have ever been long enough. 

If and when the waterworks stop then I can re-focus on the task at hand. The real reason we are sacrificing this time being apart from each other: for me to perfect my ninja pastry skills. 

This was Mike's first time in France and I am happy to report that he loved it here! Despite the fact that it was raining, pouring and sometimes even hailing while he was here - Paris still charmed him.  We spent a lot of time just being together. Sitting and reading, walking hand in hand, watching movies, cooking dinners, drinking cheap wine and taking in the sights of course. The first few days we went up to the beautiful little area of Montmartre, explored the Louvre, the Notre Dame, walked through some beautiful gardens and along the river and most importantly, bought him a beret. 

 The first day! So happy to be together :)
 Looking good babe!
Montmartre
Hiding out from the hail storm and working on our French.
Paris in Spring!
Walking Mike's favorite park
relaxing on the river


After a few days...we headed to the Riviera... :)


6 comments:

  1. Aw my heart is breaking for you! Being a military wife, I know how hard it is to be separated. It will truly make you such a stronger couple in the end though, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I know it will be worth it but that doesn't make it easier right? Thanks for support :)

      Delete
  2. You's are so adorable together! I'm glad you had such an amazing time together.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meesh! It was an incredible few weeks :) xo.

      Delete
  3. Such a ninja haha. The only thing Mike has been missing all these years is a beret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a beret would look pretty stunning on you as well little

      Delete

Merci Beaucoup!