11.25.2010

gobble gobble day!!

As you can imagine I am a complete and utter sucker for the holidays. Not only does it give me the warm and fuzzies but it brings people together, makes them feel okay about relaxing and just enjoying each other's company and not running at 100 miles a minute. I love anything that has that affect on people. Another reason the holidays are super awesome is that it provides an excuse to bake up a storm!

Last night (after a nice dinner date with Mike) I created my annual "christmas time!" playlist on iTunes...
 ...and pulled out some of my favorite recipes - blueberry oat bars and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Busted them out to bring to work this morning to try and bring some festive energy. I am sad to be in my cube while my family cooks all day and my brother is home from college, but they were a nice pick me up for my coworkers today.
Anyway, I'm trying to leave my own pity party but each time I think about working through the weekend instead of being with my family I stay longer. Wah wah.

So let's go around the table and say what we are thankful for..

Oh wait.. It's just me.

As sad as I am about working today and through the weekend I really do have SO much to be thankful for..

First and foremost I am healthy and have some outstanding people in my life.

Thank you to...
My parents for always supporting me and putting up with me at my worst. For giving me a life with opportunities some other people dream of. You both mean the world to me! But I still won't forgive you for the almost bowl cut you gave me as a child. nooo way
My siblings for providing entertainment and being nice to be on a somewhat regular basis. I am pretty sure you guys have my back :)
My boyfriend, Mike, for loving me even when I am a crazy person and accepting me for me. Thank you for sticking around with me last night and making me laugh (I am still the funnier one) so I wouldn't fall into depression. You are great. Love you! And thank you to your family for being my second family too.
My dog BOOMER! Also known as the world's greatest dog, Boomer Loomer, Boomie, Boom Boom, Stinky Butt if you're Brandon and Bloomer if you are my grandma. You may have destroyed many things in your life and eaten 643,235,764 you should never have eaten - including but not limited to: rocks, beer bottles, trays of brownies, cakes, my lunch, my dinner, flour, dry pasta, my breakfast, my friend's lunch, and more, and also you have run away about a million times. But despite all that, you are awesome and I am so glad you are now cancer free! Much love Boomdog.
My friends for being there when I need you and for all the fun and outrageous memories we have made. To Brito and Mandypants thank you for being a constant in my life through many years and everything that has come with it.
Chocolate for being so delicious and being such a supportive comrade.

The sun for rising everyday and keeping my days bright and shiney.

Running shoes for providing free therapy.

Country music for being awesome and providing the soundtrack to my life.

There is so much more but I am just glad to be alive, healthy, happenin', and blessed.

About to get off work let's please pray there is no traffic!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci Beaucoup!