8.08.2012

Work It! Wednesdays: Arms

Personally, I enjoy working out my arms. There are so many exercises to try which is a good thing because your arms are one of the more exposed areas of your body. Now, I'm not saying lets go get ripped massive hulked-out arms but if you are like me, you are trying to have thin but toned arms. You want some definition but you want to keep them lean and feminine.  

Here are my simple "go to" arm workouts that you can easily conquer at home or at the gym.

1. Triceps. My favorite! A simple tricep extension is great! I really love this one. Simply grab a light weight and hold it evenly with both hands. Put your arms above your head (legs planted shoulder width apart and core held tight!) and bend at the elbows to 90 degrees, then straighten again. Repeat 15 times.

2. Biceps. Not my favorite, but necessary. I'm sure you are familiar with this baby but remember to engage your core while doing these. Also, for a bit more of a challenge, balance on one foot while doing bicep curls. This engages your core for stability. Anytime you can practice that is an added bonus!


Also, turn your hands to make this movement into a hammer curl.



3. V-raise. Hold your arms straight but don't lock your elbows. Raise the weights diagonally in front of you so that your arms make a V shape. Hold and slowly release back to your sides. Engage your core and repeat 15 times. 

Always, always remember to engage those sexy stomach muscles when doing any exercise! You can also always change up the pace of your reps. Do a set of slow lifting and then a set of quick lifts. Changing up your routine is what keeps your body changing and growing stronger!

 What are your favorite arm exercises? 

1 comment:

  1. Makes me miss those group workouts at 24.. I can't say that I have a favorite arm workout.. I was always a leg girl!

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!