10.19.2010

Growing Older, Not Really Growing Up

Pheww - what a week! In the last week, I have grown another year older, started a new job in a new town which requires me to be at work at...believe it or not..0515! That is code for 5:15 AM and no, I am not lying.


Needless to say, its been a long one.


Last weekend I celebrated my 23rd birthday (although I still feel like I'm five) with friends and family and it was soo much fun! It was obviously necessary that all 23 years be represented on the cake..

The most exciting part of it was the amount of fabulous baking appliances I received as gifts. Christmas come early!  I am now a proud owner of a PINK Kitchen Aid Mixer!!! I definitely ran around telling everyone about that as soon as the wrapping paper came off.  Thanks Mom and Dad! :)
My amazing boyfriend got me an awesome camera to use to take better pictures of things for this blog. Thank you Mike! <3

AND.. I now have a great giant baking sheet, a cookie press and a frosting pen. I know...crazy right? I definitely got spoiled.
Amazingg!! Thank you Debbie, Mike and Kris!

So after a seven day stretch of being at work before the sun has even thought about rising I was really looking forward to spending some time in the kitchen. Turns out this cookie press is loads of fun! It definitely took some experimenting but I think I got it down by the end. I love these cute, bite-sized cookies that you can decorate to fit any and every occasion. 

I like the color pink...did you know??


RECIPE:

2 1/2 cups unbleached AP flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature, cubed
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 large egg

Preheat oven to 350
Mix flour and salt in small mixing bowl, set aside
In stand mixer, combine together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
Add the vanilla and egg, mix to combine
Add the dry ingredients and mix on low until combined
Load your cookie press and press cookies onto ungreased baking sheet
Bake for 8-10 minutes 
Decorate as desired!

Frosting:



3/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed and room temperature
2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
food coloring as desired

In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and cream
Add vanilla and corn syrup, mix until smooth

3 comments:

  1. Love love love the pink kitchen aid mixer. So cute! and the heart cookies look so cute and yummy! How did you make the pink frosting and wherrre did you get those sprinkles? My birthday is in February... ;)

    xoxox Alexis
    http://www.hayitsalexis.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt I love your blog! And that mixer is amazing, so jealous! Can't wait to read more fabulous recipes :)

    Kelsey

    www.eatdrinkbeatourist.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh! i'm so glad you have one of these :) i have the same camera that JJ got me too. but my brother happened to break it. blah.

    yay i can't wait to read more of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!